Friday, September 15, 2017

Book Fair/Grandparent Day Week

I'm blogging a little early this time.  I will not be here at all next week.  I will be thinking on a sandy beach in Hawaii all next week. 😆😆 Even though I will be having a fantastic time I'm sure, I will miss my time here because I go crazy when I'm not with my MB kiddos.

So this week we are going to be working really hard with Mrs. Erin McQueen as my sub.  She is beyond amazing and I know she will have a great time because I have an amazing class this year!!!

We will also have Grandparents Day on Thursday, September 21st.  This year it is during the day from 8-11 am.  Each grade level has a separate time for grandparents to come inside the classroom, 2nd grade is from 9:30-10:00.  There will also be a  scavenger hunt that you may take your grandchild on and a book fair you may buy books at any time that morning!!  We do ask that our kiddos first come to class to get their lunch choice for the day.  We wish grandparents could stay for lunch but there would be no way to fit all in our lunch room.

In Reading we will be learning 2 more of our Daily 5 centers; Listen to Reading and Word Work.  We have built our stamina in Read to Self/Someone and it is the time where we believe they can handle to other 2.  The following week we will be learning about Work on Writing, the last of the Daily 5 centers. Last week we worked really hard with short vowel words. This week we will work just as hard but with long vowel words.

In Writing, we will hopefully complete our Square Me project for our introduction of Narrative writing.  On Grandparents Day we will be able to show off what we have been working on with this!

In Social Studies we enter our unit on Maps.  We will be learning about compass roses, map keys, continents/oceans, and the Equador/Prime Meridian.

Finally, in Math, we will complete our Place Value unit.  We will be working on Comparing numbers to 1,000, and then reviewing what we have learned.  We will have our 1st Math Assessment on Friday, September 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment